Trainings & Seminars
Interview with Dr. Patricia O’Gorman… on Resilience
I have always been interested in what gets us through challenges, what inner power, what inner force, guides us. This has lead me to explore the conversations we have with ourselves, our inner voices if you will — our inner child, our higher parent, and our resilience.
Resilience is developed within. Resilience is not a function of what has occurred to us, but rather what we do with what we are given. Our resilience is the force that allows us to overcome obstacles. This is the inner strength that is honed by our hurtling past roadblocks and overcoming them. Our resilience is what we take with us to arm us against future challenges. It is a dynamic quality, shifting, adjusting to the challenges that we encounter.
I help the participants in my seminars to feel the power that comes from how they have learned to handle adversity, in all that they do, and learn to consciously develop this powerful inner compass.
Are you thinking of a professional seminar that is warm, funny, motivational, and informational, focused on identifying and developing the best in the participants…
Organizations that Enjoy My Presentations
- For-Profit, and Non-Profits Concerned about Employee Morale
- Professional Trade Associations Wanting a Positive Focus in their Meeting
- Health and Wellness
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- Child Welfare
Seminars are Focused Upon Individual Growth
- Stress Reduction
- And having some FUN
Structure of Seminars
- Full or half day
- Self-Parenting Retreats
I Can’t Believe You Actually Said That! Negotiating Gender Relationships at Work.
Tripping over your Girly Thoughts...? What you can do to take charge of your life.
- Bringing Out Your Best When You are At Your Worst
- Women and Resilience
- Mastering the 7 Steps to Personal Power
- Women Leadership
- I Love You, I Love Me Not – Developing Helpful Boundaries in Relationships
Professional Training Topics include
- Self-Parenting for Helping Professionals
- Healing Trauma through Self-Parenting for Providers
- Engaging Challenging Families
- Strength-based Approaches for Engaging High-Risk Adolescents
- Adoption: A Personal Perspective — A Workshop for Parents
- Women and the 2 R’s — Resiliency and Recovery
- Addiction — A Family-Systems Perspective
- I work collaboratively to focus on your training needs. My goal is not in doing something “to” your organization but in understanding what you need so that I may work “with” you, in a highly individualized manner.
If you are interested in a seminar, contact Dr. Patricia O’Gorman today!